[Fun-Deck] VISER TERROR by Meikyuu

• Hello everybody, I am introducing you to my - by far - favorite theme deck I love to play when I got some time to spend and a good opponent who does not mass destruct or negate everything played ... basically this deck is played like a chess game ^^ (not mentioning the entire game should be played like chess and not like "who's quicker in destroying and negating the opponent"). Anyway, thanks for reading this far, enjoy my favorite deck ...

Cards total: 41

Monstercards (18):

3x Viser Shocker
    2x Viser Des
    2x Dark Necrofear
    2x Darkness Neosphere
    1x Morphing Jar
    1x Kuriboh
    1x Gil Garth
    1x Shadowpriestess of Ohm
    1x Lava-Golem
    1x Sangan
    1x Night Assailant
    1x Wall of Illusions
    1x Brain Jacker
    1x Dark Jeroid

Spellcards (13):

2x Book of Eclypse
    2x Swords of Concealing Light
    1x Book of Moon
    1x Dark Eruption
    1x Pot of Avarice
    1x Mystical Space Typhoon
    1x Burial form a Different Dimension
    1x Change of Heart
    1x Gold Sarcophagus
    1x Graceful Charity
    1x Monster Reborn

Trapcards (9):

2x Spirit Barrier
    2x Call of the Haunted
    1x Nightmare Wheel
    1x Mirror Force
    1x Dark Bribe
    1x Trap Jammer
    1x Zoma the Spirit

Strategy:

This deck focusses on summoning Viser Shocker. Best case scenario would be to move the entire opponents field back to their hand. To accomplish this Book of Eclypse or Swords of Concealing Light should be combo'd with the summoning of the Shocker. If successfully summoned by normal (tribute) or special summon Viser Shocker moves all face down cards on the field back to their respective owners hands, so special summoning further monsters will result in a devestating blow to the opponents life points, more about that later. Of course, for recycling Viser Shocker not all cards shown above are needed, but since this is a theme deck I added some evil spirits and torture devices so Viser Shocker would be played in a fitting environment. Notice that this deck has almost no destructive power other than some strong monsters, so many of your opponents cards that negate or counter destruction by card effects will be left useless. I will be talking about certain monsters and their role in this deck in the further sections now. Important: Spirit Barrier should be used at least 2 times in this deck since almost all monsters are weaker than 1500 atk!

MONSTERS:

Viser Shocker: This card is the center of this deck, summoning and re-summoning it is the main goal. Viser Shocker has 5 stars (would be banned or limited if he had less I am sure) and 800/500. Not counting in his cool outer appearence here. His effect moves all face down cards on the field back to their owners hands whenever he is normal-, special-, or flipp-summoned. Means of re-summoning this monster are Monster Reborn (classic) and Call of the Haunted (classic also ^^). Change of Heart can be used to normal summon the Shocker, and if you are lucky - which happened to me quite a lot in the past - you draw another Shocker. Tribute the previous one to shock your opponent again. This will further the advanced way of special summoning the shocker from the grave; basically, your goal is to make the Shockers spend most of their time in the graveyard locked and loaded to be summoned to the field at any time.

The Shocker can be search by Sangan, can be put back into your hand by Dark Eruption (which means you could summon him three times in a row - like I did in the past already - by applying the combo above) and be tributed for damage by the Shadowpriestess of Ohm. He also can be banished to summon Dark Necrofear (since he is a Fiend-Type) and be put to the grave by Graceful Charity to do so. Notice that you can chain to the Shockers effect! Remember that when having traps like Call of the Haunted, Spirit Barrier or Book of Eclypse on your field!

Viser Des:
    Kind of the Shockers counterpart, in the manga at least. This card serves the role of staling, best in combination with spirit barrier. Viser Des' (500/1500) effect works like a torture device would: When summoned it targets an opponents monster. For 3 of YOUR standby phases Viser Des will continue to torture that target. In the 3rd standbyphase the targeted monster will be screwed to death by this device. After resolving this effect Viser Des' effects expire and he basically becomes a normal monster. Try to put him to defense mode in the turn after you summoned him to get a formidable defense. Important: Viser Des' effect only activates when he is normal summoned, which means summoned face up in attack mode. You are vulnerable then. Also, if the targeted monster is removed from the field by any means, Viser Des' effect expires and he will be left open for destruction by battle!

Dark Necrofear:
    By far my favorite monster in this game. Her stats are quite formidible 2200/2800 and her effect is just annoying. This card won duels for me. Whenever she is destroyed by an opponents card effect and SENT TO THE GRAVE (keep that in mind!) she will become an equip spell card in the endphase. With this equipcard you can target one of your opponents monsters and take control of it. Dark Necrofear benefits from almost all monsters in this deck, the 3 monsters that must be banished have to be fiend-type monsters.

1. Thing to remember: An equipcard can only target face up monsters!

2. Thing to remember: Leave a slot in your spell- and trapcard zone for Dark Necrofear to occupy, otherwise she will not become an equipspell!

3. Thing to remember: Dark Necrofear BECOMES an equipspell-card, she does not activate herself. Her effect - if I am not mistaken - must be countered as a monster effect, not a spellcard and this should happen when she is destroyed. I am not sure about this since noone ever stopped my Necrofear from applying her effect. Please consult someone with advanced knowledge of the rulings if someone wants to negate your Dark Necrofears effect!

4. Thing to remember: Many times you will face the dilemma of having Dark Necrofear and Pot of Avarice in your hand at the same time. If that happens it is up to your evaluation of the situation.

Darkness Neosphere will play right into this card, I will talk about her more in the next part. The use Graceful Charity inherits are well-known and work for this monster as well as for others like Dark Armored Dragon and such. One last thing you should keep in mind is that Burial from the Different Dimension is in this deck only to support Dark Necrofear; and to certain extend: Pot of Avarice.

Darkness Neosphere: A beast to face. Let's look at this monster one step after another. First, this monster has 4000/4000 which let's her take on even an egyptian god monster. Next when we start reading we see the drawbacks of this card first: Darkness Neosphere can not be special summoned in a way other than described on the card. Which means no Monster Reborn, no Call of the Haunted, no "regardless of the summoning conditions"-effects. Sounds bad? Well she makes up for it with field control.
    Darkness Neosphere can not be destroyed by battle. (like a monster with 4000 atk and def needs such an effect :D ). She can return all face up trap cards (meaning the permanent trap cards) you control back to your hand. And this is where her control begins.

Tactical information: Since this monster has different aspects, it will get it's own explaination sections ^^. This monster is summoned in the same moment you would activate Mirror Force: when your opponent declares an attack. You have to sacrifice a fiend from your field and a fiend from your hand to special summon her to the field, defense or attack mode. Your opponent gets the chance of a replay if the monster targeted to attack got sacrificed. Be sure to keep her back covered with Dark Bribe or Trap Jammer to counter atempts of negating her
    summon.

Combos: This card sends 2 fiends to the grave. 'nuff said. Try to use the cards sent to their full potential. If Sangan is on the field or example, you get to choose basically any monster in this deck to add to your hand. If Night Assailant is sent to the grave you get to add a flip-monster to your hand (Morphing Jar, Brain Jacker). If Shocker is sacrificed from the hand or field, it is right where you want it. Shocker should not stay on the field, so whenever possible - for one exception - choose him to be sent to the grave. In the early stages of the game Darkness Neosphere is a real powerhouse and dangerous threat to your opponents still undeveloped field. But her true abilities begin to shine in the late game when you got more traps on the field.
    Darkness Neosphere is able to recycle face up trap cards. Those include (in this deck) Call of the Haunted, Nightmare Wheel, Spirit Barrier and Zoma the Spirit. But you will mainly be recycling Call of the Haunted. Call of the Haunted is not written specific enough, meaning that when the monster it targets is removed from the field - other than by destruction - the trap will stay on the field meaninglessly. Darkness Neopshere works perfectly with this drawback:

First you summon Darkness Neosphere

- then, if you have Call of the Haunted on the field, use it in your turn to revive a Shocker from the grave. Set all of your opponents cards with Book of Eclypse or Swords of Concealing Light if possible. REMEMBER TO FLIP SUMMON YOUR DARKNESS NEOSPHERE BEFORE YOU FLIP SUMMON THE SHOCKER WHEN USING THE BOOK!!! Then, if you have enough fiends in your graveyard and Dark Necrofear in your hand, summon her. If your opponents field is entirly empty now (gravity bind?) you should be able to deal 4000+800+2200=7000 atk damage to your opponent. This is the best case scenario.

- then if you do not have Call of the Haunted on the field, try to control the field with Nightmare Wheel and Zoma the Spirit until you have Call of the Haunted.

- then, if you do have a mix of both points above, try to control the field by re-summoning the Shocker over and over again. Remember not to suicide your Shocker into something because then Call of the Haunted will be gone. Take the trap back to your hand. When this happens Shocker will be sent back to the grave, thus reseting the loop.

Shadowpriestess of Ohm: Her role in this deck is simple. Use her effect to get rid of monsters on the field you do not need or that would be too dangerous to keep: Sangan (it's effect will be triggered), Shocker and others (too weak to be kept too long).

Brain Jacker: This monster has only one function. And that is to snatch one of your opponents monsters to become a tribute for one of your Shockers. It's effect - as far as I know - protects it from being destroyed in battle. And when you have a Shocker in your hand you can get rid of the "your opponent gains 500 lp in each of their standbyphases"-drawback.

Kuriboh: There is only one reason I took Kuriboh: He goes to the graveyard. Battle fader stops the whole battlephase, but he will be banished when he leaves the field. He is of no use for my Dark Necrofear when banished. Kuriboh on the other hand can act as a tribute for her which is enough for me to keep him in this deck.

Lava-Golem: He's a monster. This card tributes 2 of your opponents monsters. After they are gone he will place himself on their field and just chill there and burn. Since the monsters used to summon him are tributed there is almost no way I know to stop him, so he is a free "send 2 of your opponents monsters to the grave"-card. Each of your opponents standbyphases he will inflict 1000 points of burn damage to your opponent. Another important fact I forgot to mention is that the SUMMON of this card can be negated, but not the 2-monsters tribute! The good aspects so far.
    The negative aspect of this monster is - of course - that it will be controlled by your opponent. 3000/2500 is something you should not take lightly. Notice that you can not normal summon the turn you summon Lava-Golem! But that is about it. If your opponent has no monsters to tribute summon the Golem away - since he has too much lvls to be synchro'ed properly - he will just stay on the field melting away life points. Keep in mind that when this monsters is destroyed it is sent to your graveyard. He can serve as a tribute for Dark Necrofear. In a clinch you can summon him with Call of the Haunted to support your offense strength. Be sure to get rid of him quickly though since he melts the life points of his controller, in this case: YOU.

SPELLS:

Most of the spell cards are well-known and explain themselves, I will only consider 2 of this decks spellcards.

Book of Eclypse:
    This card is a quick-spell, remember that. You can activate this card like a normal spell in the main phase, you can activate this card in your battle phase from your hand and you can activate this card, well, at any time from your hand in your turn. It is useful to stop an attacking opponent. This card does not target. Use this card with caution. Your opponent will get to draw cards at the end of the turn you used this card; provided he has monsters on the field. This card lets your opponent draw cards at the endphase. All his monsters that are set will be flipped face up in defense position. For every card flipped face up this way he gets to draw one card.

Possible moves:

- I once had a Morphing Jar and a Shocker on the field when I activated this card. My opponent had about 4 monsters on the field and the same amount of cards in his hand. You might call it fate but I was dueling a lightsworn deck. I sprung my book of eclypse on him, then in my turn, after he had to play all his cards back to the field, I flipped my morphing jar face up so he had to discard his entire hand. Then, when he did, I flipp-summoned my Shocker so his field was added to his hand. I had another Book on the field in that situation, drew it with the Morphing Jar. Finally he had to destroy Morphing Jar drawing another 5 cards in the process. I basically ended deck draining him without intending to do so while keeping all the cards I needed - drawn by Morphing Jar - to finish the game.

- Use this card to defend yourself against large-scale attacks. It does not target. It does not destroy. It can only be negated the classic way.

- Use this card to recycle flipp-effects (mentioned above).

- ????

- Profit

Swords of Concealing Light: Well, they also kinda explain themselves, the only thing you should remember is that this card expires really fast (the 2nd Stanbyphase after you activated this card). Also take into concideration that your opponent won't be able to change his monsters battle positions as long as this card stays on the field. The most important fact about this card is that it flipps monsters face down; only your opponents ones.

I hope I got you interested in playing or building theme decks that you built yourself out of cards that only support themselves by coincidence. This deck came through 3 years of developement and did not change much in the last year, and I am happy with the way it works ... this game is intended to be fun when played, not work ... everyone can build a deck that is listed on some internet page and used in tournaments ...

But the real fun begins when you are playing with cards that you choose yourself and that give you a handicap by not supporting each other intentionally (like Six Samurai or Dragunity and such) ... play the game like chess and every game will be thrilling to the very last card ...

Lastly: I hope to challenge your deck some day, my nickname on ###### is "Uhrwerknacht" ... :)

Thanks for your patience and interest, questions are appriciated ...