FAQ-häufige Fragen und Antworten (Version 1.6)

• 2.Fragen zu einzelnen Karten

2.7 Karten/Effekte aus DM-07

General questions

Q: There's a new ability called "charger" on some spells. How does it work?
    A: When you play a normal spell, you put it into your graveyard when it's done. When you play a spell that has the "charger" ability, you put it into your mana zone when it's done. Put it into your mana zone untapped, so you can tap it for mana right away.

Q: Can I play a "charger" spell just to put an extra card into my mana zone?
    A: Yes. For example, Energy Charger says, "One of your creatures gets +2000 power until the end of the turn. Charger (After you cast this spell, put it into your mana zone instead of your graveyard.)" If you don't have a creature in the battle zone, Energy Charger doesn't do anything when you cast it. Then you put it into your mana zone.

Q: There's a new ability called "stealth" on some creatures. How does it work?
    A: "Stealth" always has a civilization name in front of it. For example, a creature might have the ability "water stealth" or "nature stealth." If your opponent has at least one card of that civilization in his mana zone, the "stealth" creature can't be blocked.

Specific Card Questions

Apocalypse Vise
    Destroy any number of your opponent's creatures that have total power 8000 or less.

Q: How does this work?
    A: When you play this, choose any number of your opponent's creatures and add up their total power. If that number is 8000 or less, then you destroy all of them. (If their total power is more than 8000, try again.) For example, you can use this spell to destroy a creature that has 1000 power, a creature that has 3000 power, and a creature that has 3500 power. (That's total power 7500.) For another example, you can choose just one creature that has 8000 power and destroy it.

Q: How do I add up the power of creatures that have gotten extra power?
    A: As with any spell that talks about power, this spell deals with the power your opponent's creatures have when you play the spell, not the power printed on the cards. So, when adding up power numbers to 8000, add extra power, too.

--------------------

Battleship Mutant
    Instead of having this creature attack, you may tap it to use its ability.
    Until the end of the turn, each of your darkness creatures in the battle zone gets +4000 power and "double breaker." Whenever any of those creatures battles this turn, destroy it after the battle.

Q: I use this creature's tap ability. Then I attack with Giliam, the Tormentor. Giliam is a darkness creature that says, "Whenever this creature loses a battle against a light creature, this creature isn't destroyed." Gilliam is blocked by a light creature with greater power. Is Giliam destroyed?
    A: Yes, but not in battle. Giliam's ability prevents it from being destroyed by losing the battle to the light creature. After the battle, though, Battleship Mutant's ability destroys Giliam.

--------------------

Cosmic Nebula
    Evolution—Put on one of your Cyber Viruses. Whenever you draw the card at the start of your turn, you may draw an extra card.

Q: When I put Aqua Hulcus into the battle zone, I draw a card. If I already have Cosmic Nebula in the battle zone, do I draw another card?
    A: No. Cosmic Nebula lets you draw an extra card only after the first card you draw on your turn. It doesn't interact with anything else that lets you draw cards.

--------------------

Cryptic Totem
    Double breaker (This creature breaks 2 shields.)
    While this creature is tapped, your opponent can't use the "shield trigger" ability of his shields.

Q: While this creature is tapped, can my opponent use the "shield trigger" ability of his shields that are broken by my other creatures?
    A: No. While this creature is tapped, your opponent can't use any "shield trigger" abilities, no matter which creature breaks his shields.

--------------------

Dream Pirate, Shadow of Theft
    When this creature would be destroyed, you may return it to your hand instead. If you do, put a card from your hand into your graveyard.

Q: Can I return this creature to my hand if I have no other cards in my hand?
    A: Yes, but you won't keep it for long. After you return this creature to your hand, you must discard a card from your hand. If you have no other cards in your hand, you must discard this creature.

Q: Does the card I put from my hand into my graveyard count as being discarded?
    A: Yes. Any card that's put into your graveyard from your hand has been discarded.

--------------------

Fruit of Eternity
    Shield trigger (When this spell is put into your hand from your shield zone, you may cast it immediately for no cost.)
    Whenever any of your creatures would be destroyed this turn, put it into your mana zone instead.

Q: On the turn I play this spell, my Aqua Soldier loses a battle. Aqua Soldier says, "When this creature would be destroyed, return it to your hand instead." What happens?
    A: You choose whether to put Aqua Soldier into your mana zone or your hand. When two of your "instead" abilities say to do different things at the same time, you choose which one of them to use.

--------------------

Headlong Giant
    This creature can't attack if you have no cards in your hand.
    Whenever this creature attacks, discard a card from your hand.
    This creature can't be blocked by any creature that has power 4000 or less.
    Triple breaker (This creature breaks 3 shields.)

Q: This creature attacks while I have only one card in my hand. I discard that card, so now I have no cards in my hand. Does Headlong Giant stop attacking?
    A: No, it continues the attack. If you have no cards in your hand, Headlong Giant can't start an attack. But once it starts attacking, the number of cards in your hand doesn't matter.

--------------------

Miracle Portal
    Choose one of your creatures in the battle zone. This turn, it can't be blocked and you ignore any effects that would prevent that creature from attacking your opponent. (For example, ignore summoning sickness and card effects that say "This creature can't attack" or "This creature can't attack players." Your creatures can't attack creatures this way.)

Q: How is this card different than Diamond Cutter?
    A: Diamond Cutter affects all your creatures, but Miracle Portal affects only one of them. Also, with Miracle Portal, your creature can't be blocked. Other than that, it works the same.

Q: I cast this on a creature that says, "This creature can't attack." Can I now use that creature to attack a creature?
    A: No. This card only allows you to attack your opponent.

--------------------

Pulsar Tree
    When one of your shields would be broken, you may destroy this creature instead.

Q: How does this work?
    A: When one of your opponent's creatures attacks you and you don't block, that creature is set to break a shield. After your opponent chooses which shield to break, but before you look at it or pick it up, you can destroy Pulsar Tree. If you do, nothing happens to your shield.

Q: What happens if my opponent's creature has "double breaker"?
    A: That creature is set to break 2 shields. When your opponent chooses the first shield to break, you can destroy Pulsar Tree. If you do, that shield doesn't break. Then your opponent chooses the second shield to break. It can be the same shield he tried to break the first time or a different shield. If you didn't destroy Pulsar Tree to stop the first shield from being broken, you can do that for the second shield.

Q: My opponent casts Invincible Cataclysm to put 3 of my shields into my graveyard. Can I destroy Pulsar Tree instead?
    A: No. Pulsar Tree can stop one of your shields from being broken, but it can't stop your shields from being put into your graveyard or your hand for other reasons. Spells your opponent casts, such as Invincible Cataclysm, and abilities of your own cards, such as Jewel Spider or Searing Wave, don't break shields. They just put them into other zones.

Q: My opponent attacks me using Bolmeteus Steel Dragon, and I don't block. Can I prevent a shield from being broken by destroying Pulsar Tree?
    A: No. Bolmeteus Steel Dragon and Pulsar Tree both say to do something instead of breaking a shield. Since it's your opponent's turn, he uses his ability first. Because of Bolmeteus Steel Dragon's ability, your shield is put into your graveyard instead of being broken, so you can't use Pulsar Tree's ability.

--------------------

Rondobil, the Explorer
    Instead of having this creature attack, you may tap it to use its ability.
    Add one of your creatures from the battle zone to your shields face down.

Q: Can I use this creature's ability to add this creature to my shields?
    A: Yes. When you use this creature's ability, you can add any of your creatures from the battle zone to your shields, including Rondobil.

• 3. Abfolge von Effekten
    Q: Zwei Effekte werden zur gleichen zeit aktiviert. - Welcher Effekt kommt zuerst?
    A: Der aktive Spieler entscheidet zunächst, in welcher Reihenfolge seine Effekte erfolgen (wenn denn mehr als nur 1 Effekt von ihm aktiviert wurde) und führt diese aus. Dann entscheidet der Gegner, in welcher Reihenfolge seine Effekte erfolgren (wenn denn mehr als nur 1 Effekt von ihm aktiviert wurde) und führt diese aus.

Beispiel #1: Spieler A hat einen [dmcard]Mist Rias, Sonic Guardian[/dmcard] auf dem Feld liegen. Spieler B aktiviert [dmcard]Rothus, der Reisende[/dmcard]. Da Spieler B am Zug ist, wird zuerst der Effekt von [dmcard]Rothus, der Reisende[/dmcard] aktiviert. Nachdem beide Spieler eine Kreatur aufgrund des soeben aktivierten Effekts zerstört haben, kommt nun [dmcard]Mist Rias, Sonic Guardian[/dmcard]'s Effekt zum Zuge - Spieler A zieht also eine Karte, selbst, wenn diese Kreatur durch [dmcard]Rothus, der Reisende[/dmcard]'s Effekt zerstört werden würde.

Beispiel #2: Spieler A hat einen [dmcard]Mist Rias, Sonic Guardian[/dmcard] auf dem Feld. Dann aktiviert er [dmcard]Rothus, der Reisende[/dmcard]. Nun stehen 2 Effekte aus, die beide vom aktiven Spieler A ausgehen. In diesem Moment muss er entscheiden, welchen Effekt er zuerst ausführen möchte. Ganz gleich, ob [dmcard]Mist Rias, Sonic Guardian[/dmcard] zerstört wird oder nicht, sein Effekt wird trotzdem aktiviert.

Beispiel #3: Spieler A hat einen [dmcard]Shadow Moon, Cursed Shade[/dmcard] und einen [dmcard]Gequälter Knochenghul[/dmcard] auf dem Feld. Spieler B spricht den Zauberspruch [dmcard]Searing Wave[/dmcard] aus. Im Moment des Aussprechens des Zauberspruchs hat [dmcard]Shadow Moon, Cursed Shade[/dmcard] 3000 Power und [dmcard]Gequälter Knochenghul[/dmcard] 4000 (aufgrund des Effekts von [dmcard]Shadow Moon, Cursed Shade[/dmcard]). [dmcard]Searing Wave[/dmcard] zerstört nur [dmcard]Shadow Moon, Cursed Shade[/dmcard], da der Effekt, der [dmcard]Gequälter Knochenghul[/dmcard] +2000 Power gibt, permanent ist. Bis zum Beenden des Effekts von [dmcard]Searing Wave[/dmcard] behält der [dmcard]Gequälter Knochenghul[/dmcard] also seine 4000 Power und bleibt deswegen auf dem Feld. Danach fällt die Power natürlich wieder auf 2000.